Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dates and Raisins

HELLO!!!

    I haven’t been able to afford internet since I moved off on my own and when I do get the chance to get online I always have 7 billion things to do and don’t have time to blog!!

Boy do I have a lot to tell you!!

I absolutely LOVE it here! Moving is one of the BEST decisions I’ve ever made in my whole life. Ever. Everything is freaking AMAZING!!! I don’t even know how to describe it but for the past few months I’ve been in this euphoric state just resting in the peace that everything is as it should be, and knowing that I wouldn’t change a thing about where I am or who is in my life right now.

So much has happened in my life - dysfunctional and emotionally unstable parents, moving over and over, being uprooted from schools and neighborhood friends, family members passing away, and me growing up and struggling with my own relationships...things have just not always been the easiest. (although I’ve always been blessed with amazing family and support groups!)

But life is SO different here! I was blessed with a wonderful church and families here that take care of me and make me feel loved! For several months I had a job that was…not my favorite...but then just recently I landed the most perfect job ever! I love, love, LOVE my job!!! I sleep through the night without problems, I smile when I wake up, I feel like my future looks bright and sunshiny :)





I don’t even feel like the same person I was when I started this blog two years ago. I mean, the core things are the same I suppose, but I am different. Maybe it’s because of where I am right now, or maybe it’s because everyone changes as they grow.

As for a boyfriend, well, I’m still waiting for that white horse to gallop up my driveway. ;) I have gone on a date or two (hence the title) but they were just...raisins. Kinda burnt out, squishy and uninspired. I don’t want to marry a raisin. I don’t really know what kind of food item I would like to marry (an avocado maybe? I LOVE GUAC!!) but I know that I’ll know it when I see it.


















                                                
                                                                       (You gotta admit it's sexy)



I also know that I feel such a great peace here and God has provided for me in so many ways and I just know He’ll make it happen when the time is right. He’s pretty cool like that.

I love you all and I miss interacting with you. Maybe someday soon I’ll have my own stories to share and ways I can relate and I’ll be able to be more involved. Until then, MUAH!


JJ




3 comments:

  1. Hey JJ! So very happy you checked in with blog land...was getting a bit concerned about you. ;) It is so lovely to hear the joy in your 'voice' and am so pleased you have found "the most perfect job ever" that makes you "bubbly happy". Also happy you found a wonderful and accepting church family. I am sure your knight will find you in due time. ;) Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

    Hugs and Blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cat, I was wondering how things were going. I am happy that life is good for you right now. Keep experiencing joy. Isn't it great when you make a big decision like moving, and in your heart you feel it was best for you...and then things begin to fall in place...One day when the time is right you will find that knight. However continue to love who you are. Be true to yourself! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that all is going well with you. Thanks for sharing. Your post made me smile. I will pray that in due time that you will have all the desires of your heart. Sounds like you are going the right direction. God bless you and all you love, -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete